Making Money Online Tips

Ibu


BLOG Vs WEBSITE

Many people have asked me what is the best way to start making money. Should they start with a blog or a regular website. What are the benefits in each. I suggest different things for different people. Here are the main differences I see.

If you are a writer kind of person who loves writing, then I would suggest to go for a blog. But remember that people expect regular updated blog, else they will leave and never return. On the other hand, if you are a one time sort of person who wants to make money on a residual basis, but don’t want to write quite often, go for a website.

Remember that blog’s content is fetched by search engines and social media sites quite fast (as wordpress pings them), on the other hand, regular content may get some time to get indexed.

Blog can get you some links quick as the content is fresh and most probably related to what is the hot buzz around. It may be long before you get your first organic link to your website.

Even after all this, I say that the website will work better in long term for residual income and blog for regular (may not be residual) monthly income. You need not update it so frequently.

Which one I use to make money online?
I make regular websites for generic content like related to medicine, health, employment, sports etc., but I make blogs for news/views/gadgets type of content. Once in a while I create blog which looks like a website (eg: chemotherapy). The benefit is that, it is easier to update but still visitors don’t expect it to be updated regularly. It also get fetched quickly by search engines.

No comments: